Friday 5 October 2012

Last Weekend

Last weekend I got to share the stage with Native comedian Howie Miller over three nights.  We did three shows in three different towns.  The first was in Mackenzie, about two hours north of Prince George.  It was at a golf club that held about 60 people and it was full.  After the show, I felt like I had got rid of the 'ring rust' from not having performed for the past two months.  I had three shows the week before, but I didn't feel comfortable up there.  Maybe because I was trying new material.  But after this show, I felt great, even the new material from last week was working.  But the drive to and from Mackenzie made the trip for me.  Spending time with comics is always fun.  We were telling stories of comics we all knew, sharing horror stories of the road, and telling jokes.
The next day, Howie came into the studio for an interview/discussion on my radio show.  You can listen online at cfisfm.com, on Mondays at 8 pm Pacific.
The next night was in Vanderhoof, a bar show.  It had all the signs of a bad show:  small town, bar, lots of alcohol.  But it went great.  I even went into the audience for one joke and she ended up giving me the finger!  It was great.
Saturday night was here in Prince George.  Nice hall, packed house, good meal.  I had a great show.
I did all these shows without bringing my set list on stage.  That was the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment