Thursday 25 July 2013

CD Taping

I am going to be recording my debut live stand-up comedy CD on August 17th in Prince George.  I will have two chances to get it right as there will be two shows.  The final project will be a mix of the two shows.
I'm looking forward to getting my material on tape to show people what I can do.  AND I can shelve this material, jokes I've been doing for close to nine years in some cases.
I look back at some of these jokes and think, "Man, these are terrible."  But they get good laughs, which is the goal, right?  But at the same time, I'm very proud of a lot of these jokes, too.  
But these jokes were who I was.  They are me.
The CD will be a good document of who I was at this time.  A lot of these jokes contain 'I' statements:  I'm Native, I'm a university graduate, I'm a father, I'm divorced.
It's going to be called 'The Bloody Savage'.
Here's the link to the event - https://www.facebook.com/events/132579713608856/ 
I'm still not sure what to do with the final product.  Sell it cheap or give it away?  I'll give some away as a promo tool.  And I'm going to make some hard copies to sell at shows.
Did I tell you about the cover?  It's going to look like David Lee Roth's album cover for 'Eat 'Em & Smile'.  I will be painting my face like a combo between Tonto and David Lee Roth.  Red, black and white.  Haven't decided if I'm gonna be smiling or be all stoic.
No release date has been set, but stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment